Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Birthday, Michelle, and oooh, Hugh Jackman!

Yesterday was Michelle's 24th birthday, which was celebrated through careful application of red velvet cake, chocolate, pretty boxes, hibachi and much alcohol.

Happy Birthday, Michelle - I'm pretty sure that my 24th birthday was spent painting a friend's bathroom in Atlanta. That's because I'm reckless, and live on the edge. ;)

In completely unrelated news, Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber are slated to film parts of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" here in the Crescent City. I'm not sure about the timeline, but hey, I'm thrilled to have two tall, hot men roaming our city. (What can I say? I'm a fan of hot, tall men...like D.)

I'm also thrilled to have located a great hair stylist here in NOLA - her name is Christine Boudreaux, and she's a stylist at Paris Parker on Prytania. For $37, she'll give you a scalp massage and a shampoo/deep conditioning with Aveda products, and do an amazing cut and style. She straightened my hair without any semblance of a flat iron, and I love her for it. I'll definitely be going back in 8 weeks.

Oh, and I'm very smug about the fact that D. and I both predicted that Rutgaaaaaahs would defeat USF. USF is good, but they're not quite number 1 material yet - I predict in about 2 years, they'll be a solid team to beat year in and year out.

No comments: