Friday, December 21, 2007

Ugh.

Last night, around 12:30, the boyfriend and I were getting ready for bed and discussing our weekend plans when shots rang out from maybe a block away.

We heard shots last week, but they seemed farther away - last night's were incredibly loud, and I'm guessing we can thank our resident gunslingers up a block for the unexpected treat.

So I did what any conscientious gal would do - I called 911. I gave the operator my name, address and phone number and explained that we had heard 5 shots fired in rapid succession.

She promised the cops would be there shortly.

They never arrived.

3 comments:

jeffrey said...

You know this time of year it can be difficult to distinguish between gunshots and fireworks.

I like to think positive. When we hear loud noises outside, I always tell Menckles they are fireworks.

She's a bit more suspicious when I do that in March... but it still doesn't stop me.

Cait said...

After 4 years in south Florida, I've grown strangely adept at detecting gun shots.

Even scarier, I could tell these were from a .9 mm.

God help me, I think I might need to brush up on my Little Havana-esque gun-detection skills. ;)

Michael Staden said...

Please make sure this violence is take care of before I come to Mardi Gras...I don't feel like adding to it.

"I'm Toker and I approve this message."