Monday, May 5, 2008

It's here!

My dress is here. It was delivered to my office at 3:00 p.m.

I stared at the box for the rest of the afternoon and then took it home. D's covering the Hornets-Spurs game, so he wasn't home to see my glowiness.

I opened the box, peeled away the bubble wrap and discovered that the seller had sent me a rosary as a wedding gift.

(Considering we just met with Father Pat on Friday, that was weird...but very, very sweet.)

So I pulled it out of the box, and discovered that it was in the original garment bag with the tags still attached. So I tried it on...

...and it was perfect.

Just perfect.

I've never felt like a princess before in my life - but when I put this dress on (minus the fact that Charlie kept standing on the chapel-length train), I felt absolutely beautiful. I was glowing.

Even worse, I almost cried. If you know me, you know I don't easily cry.

I told D. some of this, and he said, "Wow, hon. I sure hope I don't faint when I see you in it."

::sigh::

For the first time, I feel like a real bride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for wedding dress hotness!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and D!

evil twin

Anonymous said...

You must sneak us some pictures :) hehe

nolablossom said...

each night we pass your house, ya know, walking the Shamsters, but we only ever see Jake and maybe Charlie, at the door or window. we wanted to congratulate the two of ya - Congratulations! hope to see you through your window, or door, soon!