Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Erin, Redux.

Honestly, the name Erin sounds like the crazy (but funny and sweet) girl down the hall from me in my college dorm.

Flashback: August 1995. Imagine a 16 year-old Cait trapped at debate camp (shut it) in Waco, Texas, with a sprained knee and some very stylish crutches. I had to watch Hurricane Erin unfold on CNN from the common room in the dorm at Baylor University, where I spent my summers in high school honing my ability to make people cry during debate rounds.

I digress (and I'm mostly kidding; the crying thing only happened once). Hurricane Erin broadsided Pensacola that month - we were hit by Hurricane Opal a scant two months later.

Why do I bring this up? Well, it's because that nasty little pressure system in the northwest Caribbean finally organized into...TROPICAL STORM ERIN.

I think for the purposes of maintaining my dignity and credibility as a blogger, we will henceworth refer to this storm as Hurricane Evil Succubus. That has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

http://blog.nola.com/stormwatch/2007/08/gulf_depression_expected_to_st.html





To be fair, THIS Erin is no real threat. So we must, then, turn our attention back to our TV salesman, Dean. Let's rename Dean...how about TS Dahmer? Dahmer's getting a little wonkier.



No comments: