Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So no, I didn't forget...

...that FSU has a new athletic director.

Mardi Gras and its trappings have just overtaken my life for the past few days.

Congrats to Air Force Academy alum (and former Falcons AD) Randy Spetman - it's the best of both worlds for an FSU and Air Force fan like me. :)

ESPN has a predictably sexier take on the whole hiring.

Surprisingly, though, the Orlando Sentinel has the most sentimental take on the whole thing:

"I don't think I've seen anybody more excited to come to Florida State University since I got elected to come to Florida State University," Wetherell said. Moments earlier, Wetherell had told a story about when he called Spetman to inform him that he'd earned the job. Spetman, who replaces former FSU AD Dave Hart, nearly cried, Wetherell said.

There were no tears on Monday. Just cheers. When Spetman rose from his chair and walked behind the podium, he turned to Wetherell and said, "I can guarantee you, sir, I won't disappoint you."

That's the kind of thing you want to hear from the man tapped to clean up the existing mess.

No comments: