Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OK, so yes, I suck.

I meant to post more on Friday, but life's been rather hectic of late.

Well, no, that's not really it.

The reality is that I live in NOLAdishu.

The reality is that my mom is fast approaching needing assisted living.

The reality is that I never expected 29 to look or feel like this.

But I also wouldn't change a thing. Even with the strain, it's just life. It's not some ridiculous, glossy, frothy film (see: Kate Hudson). It's also not a Dave Eggers book. I'm not painfully witty or especially clever.

Besides, everyone knows that David Sedaris is funnier.

(Sweet mercy, I feel whiny tonight.)

1 comment:

NOLA Cleophatra said...

At 29-1/2 I had a pre-mid-life crisis of sorts. I think the looming big 3-0 had me examining my life closely and there were a number things I wanted to change. Life seems to fly by fast as you get older. But keep looking at the good things and keep your chin up! This too shall pass.